First Muscovies!!

wbjdmd

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Here are my first two muscovies ever! I got six eggs from a friend who had "put them under a hen" My question is how long to wait for the last 4 to hatch? I thought these 2 were about a week early, should I continue to incubate the last four for another week and see what happens? Should I just open and quickly grab these two after 2 days and transfer them to my brooder? I need your help!
DSCN0726.jpg

Congrats on the new babies - I would pull them out and put in the brooder.
It takes 35 days for them to hatch - but I have had them hatch a week early b/c the hen had been sitting on the nest and we didn't know it. You might candle and then if they still look good - leave them in - what could it hurt.
idunno.gif

That was my thoughts! I candled friday and they looked good. One looked less developed but still looked vital. I think I'll do that! I would love to hear what others think.

I would take the babies out , and if the eggs arnt pipped Id be tempted to do a quick candle on them but I would defiently regardless give them another week befor I thought about giveing up on them .
Good luck

And those are some sweet babies:thumbsup

I hatched 6 Pekins last week and these babies are MUCH more docile than the Pekins. Is that normal?

You will love them. I hatched out 4 last summer. They are my best ducks. All my other ducks (other breeds) run from me now but my Scovies still think I am their momma and will let me walk right up to them and pick them up. They are so sweet! I know a lot of people dislike them but I love them. Congrats on the ducklings!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom