NEWBIE Abandoned Muscovy eggs (Incubating the last 7-10 days) they sat under another Muscovy until her eggs hatched 2 weeks ago.

Sadly our little duckling passed in the night.
It never seems to have the energy and pep in its step as the ones who hatched with the Mom. The belly was hard where the yolk sack absorbed. It was def. Odd looking. The next time I think I’ll substitute in some sugar water.

It never seems to have the energy and pep in its step as the ones who hatched with the Mom. The belly was hard where the yolk sack absorbed. It was def. Odd looking. The next time I think I’ll substitute in some sugar water.
I'm inclined to think that there must have been a problem with that one... Hopefully the others will be okay.

I'm inclined to think that there must have been a problem with that one... Hopefully the others will be okay.
This has become a lot harder than I thought. One made an oxygen crack last night. This morning the egg was cold in the incubator. I slowly opened it and the poor thing seem to turn towards the wrong end. I am concentrating on the 6 wild I helped keep safe. They are thriving and their Mom is great. We have one egg left…. It’ll end up being a pet if it makes it.

Attachments

• A32DA95F-5953-426E-A98B-4D1A4149BBD1.jpeg
    A32DA95F-5953-426E-A98B-4D1A4149BBD1.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom