First night out

Jamie Molihan

Songster
Apr 13, 2018
Cleveland
well, my five week old chicks spent their first night out in their coop. I was so worried about them, but the did really great and were all bright eyed and bushy tailed when I went out this morning to open their coop door to the run. Unfortunately my girl Hildegard didn’t get to join them because of the problems she is having with her hernia. I have her throw up everything in her crop last night and put her in the chicken hospital. Well, this morning she is all about action and giving me her opinion on being exclude from her sisters. She is starving, the poor thing. I was going to make her wait until tonight to give her some liquid, but I may give her some today and see. She pooped all over her bed! Yay!

Thankyou guys for your support. Hildegard is feeling better and is having a blast out with her sisters, but her crop is still broken. I am making her a crop bra to, hopefully, help it stay up. Yesterday she nearly killed me, I went out to check their food and water and put down some more chick grit and she was laying in the sun in a patch of dirt. She looked dead! She wasn’t moving, she was on her back and side and her wings were out and her legs were straight up and out. I seriously thought she was dead. Then I saw Blanche laying just as still next to her an I ran over to them. In the midst of my panic and commotion I woke them up and they gave me hard stink eye too.. these girls are going to give me a heart condition.

Back
Top Bottom