first night out

wayneh

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 25, 2011
N. E. Alabama
the girls were 2 weeks old Friday and today they are spending their first night out. the coop and run are finished, they were in the run all day. put the heat lamp on one end so they can have heat if they need it. 8pm now, just got back from looking the the moon and the chicks. both were fine. think the girls like their new home. happy chickie to all

Mychicks got to start life in their run and coop. They do like the outside digs. The days are warmer and spring is in the air . Got to love it!

Our chicks are three weeks old and also out for their first night.
Im almost ready to sleep out their myself..
wink.png

I was super nervous at first. This is their third night out and I look forward to seeing them waiting for me at their brooder door every morning. All 12 crammed in a 10 inch opening so they can see me coming,lol.

Mine too! Just tucked the 3 week olds into bed in their new coop for the night.
th.gif
We spent a lot of time out there with them today getting them acclimated.

My girls are 5 weeks old I have 6 Rhode Island Reds and tonight is their first night to sleep in the Hen Castle (thats what our granddaughter calls it) we have a heat light 100 watt in there and lots of bedding, water, feed and they look and sound happy but I'm not we live in Colorado it's windy and chilly out tonight I sure hope they are warm enough it's 8:17 p.m and their all tucked in for the night
hmm.png

I waited a little longer to put my oldest chickied outside because I had to introduce them to a flock of 9 big girls and a roo. I let the big chickens out to free range all day and just let the banties in the run at first. They've been all free ranging together but last night was the first night they were all together. I checked them late last night and was up very early to let them all out.

Success! No pecked on pullets and it seems the pecking order will work itself out fairly smoothly. My big girls are a lot nicer and willing to share than I thought they'd be.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom