First pip of first eggs ever incubated! Need someone to talk to!

rekabnivek

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
OMG! Our first egg pipped this morning and is still working on that tiny hole. How long does this take? I'm going absolutely crazy! How long before the others pip? This is day 20.
hit.gif

This is exciting not cause for tears!. Some will pip earlier some later. It may take a while for it to zip. Sit on your hands, pop some popcorn, put in a movie and enjoy! They all have their own timeline and will begin when they are ready!

it could go to sleep and not finish till tomorrow.....I had one pip before bedtime and not hatch before morning....I stayed up all night waiting......

You'll be fine... I KNOW how addicting and nerve wracking it is to sit in front of the incubator and wait for them to hatch. When my first egg pipped, I sat there ALL NIGHT waiting for it to progress and it finally did....5:00 IN THE MORNING lol. The one that was next to it, pipped and zipped in no time. It just depends on the chicks. My family and I just hatched our first batch of chicks 2 weeks ago and we have another dozen in the bator now. They are due on the 17th. I hope you post pictures and keep us up to date with everything going on!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif

The first pip is always the hardest and the longest, .....a watched pot will eventually boil however, it sure takes forever...... after the first one hatches the other will go faster because of all the noise the first one is making then every time one of the eggs hatches or makes some big progress all the hatched chicks make a big racket. that is out favorite time!!

...... it never fails, our family finally takes a break and remove our noses from the 'bator window, sit down to supper, get our plates made and start to say our blessing and the chicks go crazy and all at once we jump up and back at the window we go.

Happy Hatching!!!

The Gibby's

Dad, Mom, 4 Kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 24 chickens.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom