First Polish Egg or Light Brahma egg??????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WindyOaksYokes, Sep 30, 2007.

1. verthandi

verthandi Songster

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Yippie Yah! [​IMG] I am so happy for you. They do lay a pretty good size egg. Is she standard size? About medium size egg...it always amazes me that they don't seem to start with a smaller egg, just this size right off the bat. My year old hens do lay a slightly bigger egg, but just barely any size difference.

I'm really glad I was wrong and you got some eggs this fall....go Chickie!

I still have one hen laying, makes it hard to have eggs for breakfast. Don't be surprised if she goes to an every other day laying schedule. Some of mine will lay daily, some every other day.

2. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Songster

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thanks spotted!!!!!!!!

Yippie Yah! I am so happy for you. They do lay a pretty good size egg. Is she standard size? About medium size egg...it always amazes me that they don't seem to start with a smaller egg, just this size right off the bat. My year old hens do lay a slightly bigger egg, but just barely any size difference.

I'm really glad I was wrong and you got some eggs this fall....go Chickie!

I still have one hen laying, makes it hard to have eggs for breakfast. Don't be surprised if she goes to an every other day laying schedule. Some of mine will lay daily, some every other day.

I will give you that... they do lay decent sized ones right off the bat!!! Shocked me... Yes, all my polish are standard sized... Glad you said that about every other day thing... she has yet to lay today!!! lol... I too am glad you were wrong... but she is the only one out of 5 of my polish... but thats okay... at least one of them let me know what I could expect LOL.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: