First post!

welcome.gif
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Enjoy your time here

Here is where the bobcat has been trying to get in, we had a heavy cement block, he dug right through it! So we added a heavy beam.

A few questions... are your chickens locked in a secure coop at night? I know you said you have 2 coops. Is the chicken wire fenced area your run? The thing about bobcats is they hunt day & night so even if you just put electric wire around coops only, you'd have to do run too. I think you have the put up an electric fence/wire. Even then a bob cat will climb a tree & jump down into the enclosure to bi-pass the electric fence. So make sure no trees overhang. Set traps. & or build a run that is fully enclosed with buried wire around perimeter & wire roof. I know chicken wire is more affordable than Hardware cloth/wire. However, raccoons & other predators have no problem tearing thru it. Hardware wire is much better. You've gotta act before this bobcat kills your whole flock. Post some of your game camera pics please.

A few questions... are your chickens locked in a secure coop at night? I know you said you have 2 coops. Is the chicken wire fenced area your run? The thing about bobcats is they hunt day & night so even if you just put electric wire around coops only, you'd have to do run too. I think you have the put up an electric fence/wire. Even then a bob cat will climb a tree & jump down into the enclosure to bi-pass the electric fence. So make sure no trees overhang. Set traps. & or build a run that is fully enclosed with buried wire around perimeter & wire roof. I know chicken wire is more affordable than Hardware cloth/wire. However, raccoons & other predators have no problem tearing thru it. Hardware wire is much better. You've gotta act before this bobcat kills your whole flock. Post some of your game camera pics please.

We kind of have a coop in a coop we bought a tiny little hen house with a little cage coming down from the hen house, we also have a big tree leading to the top. I will look into the electric fence, we ordered two hens for him they will come next week so trying to get it safe soon.:fl

Thank you!:D:)

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom