First predator kill

My friend, Locking your birds up will not detour that *&^%#@! hawk from coming back. It got a taste and now knows where it can find an easy meal. Once it starts raising it's young, your birds will be worked over by both hawks taking a strip of food from EVERY BIRD they kill.
I know because it has happen to me and my birds. The *!$%><$ hawks took a bite out of 4 laying hens and one huge dark cornish cock.
They won't be back as I took care of both of them. In camo and with great anger they dropped from the branches they were perched up on watching as the chickens were squawking loudly from inside the coop. By the time the devils saw me move from my concealment it was too late as the barrel of my 12 guage pump loaded with Remmington turkey loads started barking, the last thing they saw was a bright flash and they crashed to earth.
They were given a shallow grave off my property.

It's happening again as I drove up a week back and found another hawk, A large coopers eating one of my buff hens right inside the pen. It tried to take the hen with it when it saw me but couldn't clear the fence. I have to say, they are beautiful large spotted birds but once more, I will not permit them to dine in my backyard.
SO, The hunt is on!

Jethro,

There are some things that should never be talked about. You don't know who is reading your posts.

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom