First quail. --Holy Crap I have babies!--

How is your hatch doing? when are they due?

Heres a update on my "splash" It looks like he went dark silver top with red breast but not sure.
64807_101_0971.jpg

64807_101_0972.jpg

Last edited:
they are a few days late which is better than nothing. Only 2 so far but I'm happy with that after the temp spikes to 107. I will try and get some pics in a bit here. They are both different colors.

ugh...I just can't win. One of the two died. He seemed really weak yesterday and he ended up drowning in like almost zero water. The other is doing great. One more so far today but he seem really weak too. He looks almost bald like his feathers dried to him wet. Does that make sense. From past experience with my other birds I think he had a hard time getting out of his egg...we'll see if he makes it. Gonna give it a few days with the remaining eggs and see what happens.

I candled a couple of my eggs from Quail Lady and they were developing, so I should be joining you guys soon!

Quote:
Ya, pretty much. I made a special cardboard attachment for my candler that focuses the light more. I can see the little embryos inside there really well. It helps if they aren't too dark in color and don't have too many spots.

Back
Top Bottom