First REAL show Tomorrow - Excited, but anxious..

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
Any tips? I'm bringing 17 birds and two sets of eggs to display at our provincial show this weekend. I am nervous, but excited. I am stressed. Did I enter way too many?

Has anyone EVER picked up a disease from a show? My birds are very special to me, and it would devastate me if they picked something up.

So really, some reassurance would be very nice :p I did attend a fair show and did quite well, but this is different.. there are over 700 birds there, and also a sale area, and a silent auction. Both of which I have volunteered to help with. I think I'm overloading lol.

I am showing 4 silkies, 4 plymouth rocks, 2 buff dewlap toulouse geese, 5 bantam ameraucanas, and 2 mottled houdans.

:th

I've never shown anything so not tips from me but Good Luck Aoxa!!
woot.gif

No, you didn't enter too many. Don't worry about that.

One thing that a lot of showmen do is to get some Vet RX at the feed store and rub it on their combs and wattles before the show. It is said to help them stay healthy and it will make the combs shinny and red. I have never had any birds get sick after a show. If there are any brought with signs of illness, those in charge should remove them.

Try to relax and have fun! Take a deep breath. lol I remember feeling the same way before my first few shows. You will be fine. :)

No, you didn't enter too many. Don't worry about that.

One thing that a lot of showmen do is to get some Vet RX at the feed store and rub it on their combs and wattles before the show. It is said to help them stay healthy and it will make the combs shinny and red. I have never had any birds get sick after a show. If there are any brought with signs of illness, those in charge should remove them.

Try to relax and have fun! Take a deep breath. lol I remember feeling the same way before my first few shows. You will be fine. :)
Thank you! I feel much better after getting everyone ready in their kennels to calm down before we head out tomorrow at 4. I probably spent 8 hours total bathing, prepping cages and even more time helping set up for the show. I am really excited!

I haven't seen any Vet RX at the store, but I took a judge's tip and put them on Super Booster - which is a mild antibiotic that says on the back that it is used when they are expected to be exposed to mild outbreaks of CRD. It has vitamins and such in it as well, and it is a mild antibiotic, not one for treating actual outbreaks.

Thanks you guys for the reassurance! Everyone is much more chilled than I am (the chickens) ;) lol

You may have already left but best wishes!!!!! I will be thinking about you! You may want to buy some Oxine when you get back. This is good to put a drop in their drinking water and spray in their airspace, for killing pathogens.

You may have already left but best wishes!!!!! I will be thinking about you! You may want to buy some Oxine when you get back. This is good to put a drop in their drinking water and spray in their airspace, for killing pathogens.
I bought it prior! :D I have actually misted them all before their baths. I am a nervous wreck. :duc Now it's all excitement though. Now that all the bathing/blow drying and trimming of nails is done. I just can't wait to coop in! 2 more hours :D

Back
Top Bottom