First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by JessicaThistle, Jun 10, 2014.

1. mountain mom

mountain mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    Colorado
    Ralph, we are going to have to change the artwork we have for the Bar and Grill now!

1 person likes this.
  2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

She promised last night to go to town and get Schnapps (peppermint and cinnamon) for me..... and some chicken noodle soup....... I have no idea why we need canned soup when I have about 2 gallons of broth frozen in the freezer... I guess she likes campbells broth better than mine. I thought I had all that stuff here, She was sick last week and I went to town and got her all the comfort liquids needed. I am suspecting she drinks too much!

1 person likes this.
  3. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    What does DD stand for??

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

designated driver.... You can drive?

5. JessicaThistle

JessicaThistle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2014
    Oregon
    Designated Driver: Very important to note. We run an upstanding bar and grill here. [​IMG]

MM: Yes, I need to go better prepared. That was not fun. I am feeling much better now and am drinking extra water each day to keep my hydration up. Even my pain has relaxed some and I am sleeping a tad better. Now my hubby is going to leave for a race for two days. I fear that I will either sleep the best that I have in years or not sleep at all.

Lazy Gardner: Ralph doesn't wear boots. He wears flip flops with high socks. Lol!

So I have found a very nice large chicken coop that I will be purchasing tomorrow. I am going to use it for the small pullet group at the farm. My hubby will be gone. So the person I am getting it from is going to help me place it in the yard. My daughter and I are going to stain it the same color as my main chicken coop to match. I am so excited to start getting girls home. I have one super sweet little pullet that insists on jumping out of the pen and coming with me every time that I go in and out. She is a lovely little pullet and I have named her Ginger. Technically I could call them all that and none would be the wiser, but I think her little personality stands out.

1 person likes this.
  6. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    No[​IMG]

7. mountain mom

mountain mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    Colorado
    Okay. My picture of you is completely wrong, Holm! I totally thought you to be a mid 30's to late 40's guy.
    So if you are unable to drive, why are you chatting with us here in the middle of the day on a school day?! I sure hope you are homeschooled and not skipping class to chat with a bunch of old people about chickens and turkeys.

Ralph, Linda and Turkeytruff- NEVER tell me what you look like. My mind can't handle these types of things.

Jessica- So glad you are feeling better! I am the same about my husband being gone. Hit or miss about the sleeping. Sometimes I totally freak out because I hear something or I stupidly watch a scary movie. Others, I sleep like a baby in a milk coma.
    Yay for the new coop!!! You will have to send us pics of your awesome egg farm!
    Ginger, sounds perfect. A spunky redhead just like you [​IMG]

Ralph I am glad you wife is getting the necessary supplies for you! Funny about the Campbells though. My husband also prefers it over my chicken soup when he is sick. Weirdos. Just like the even number business. Must go hand in hand with Campbells soup eaters.

8. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    I am home schooled.

9. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area

And all this time I have been using it for darling daughter in place of naming my girls each time. You can be our DD or DS.

10. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    DS

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by