First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

These will not be as cool as Jessicas movie, and that was cool, I loved the blanket trick. Even if it did put 7 chicken wranglers out of work,,

BUT here is a fuzzy butt fix...

3 diamond encrusted creamettes, a blue and 2 JJ and Ethel babies..

It is amazing how birds coming out of the same size egg can be different sized.

Jessica, what you & DH have done is wonderful.
I love seeing chickens being able to be chickens.

I am three weeks from delivering this baby. Looking forward to a nice glass of wine and a smoke. It's good to know I've found a thread that accepts drinking & posting about chickens!

DK - I used to be the same way about eating chicken for a while after processing day (also a husband-free project!). Well a group of friends and I help each other on processing days - one sets up equipment, another brings lunch, etc... well my friend brought chicken salad last time and we were all so hungry we were a few bites in before we realized what we were eating!! We had a good laugh and kept eating, though. So I think I may be over it.

You must be in or close to CO. When my husband was a teen, he lived out that way for a while and saw U2 at red rocks. I think the rattle & hum tour but I'm not sure. I've never been to a natural amphitheatre like that.

I should have little meatballs to share about (and maybe even a bigger one) in a couple weeks. I do enjoy the thread. Take care everyone -

My Meatballs will be on hold for a while. I had wanted them by now, but I need to make a trip to Florida and NC the end of the month and will be gone a couple weeks, wifey pooh would not be happy if I got more birds for her to take care of. I am already hearing grumblings about the incubators and hatches when I will be gone....women!

Jessica, what you & DH have done is wonderful.
I love seeing chickens being able to be chickens.

I am three weeks from delivering this baby. Looking forward to a nice glass of wine and a smoke. It's good to know I've found a thread that accepts drinking & posting about chickens!

DK - I used to be the same way about eating chicken for a while after processing day (also a husband-free project!). Well a group of friends and I help each other on processing days - one sets up equipment, another brings lunch, etc... well my friend brought chicken salad last time and we were all so hungry we were a few bites in before we realized what we were eating!! We had a good laugh and kept eating, though. So I think I may be over it.

You must be in or close to CO. When my husband was a teen, he lived out that way for a while and saw U2 at red rocks. I think the rattle & hum tour but I'm not sure. I've never been to a natural amphitheatre like that.

I should have little meatballs to share about (and maybe even a bigger one) in a couple weeks. I do enjoy the thread. Take care everyone -

I am confused I never stopped drinking just cause we were having a baby....... roflmbo!

Fired this little baby up to bake some bresse eggs! Around 3 dozen should come in tomorrow!! Can't wait to raise this awesome breed!!

Back
Top Bottom