First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I have not made any progress on getting my meaties. I had a plan all worked out - how to build a chicken tractor, where to put the brooder, but hadn't yet gotten a call into find my chicks. Now I think I might just need to wait until next year and live vicariously through all of you. Not because it's too late in the season (it's not), but because I've convinced the DH that we should take a trip to Alaska for 1-2 weeks, and I don't want to leave the meaties alone that long....

I have not made any progress on getting my meaties. I had a plan all worked out - how to build a chicken tractor, where to put the brooder, but hadn't yet gotten a call into find my chicks. Now I think I might just need to wait until next year and live vicariously through all of you. Not because it's too late in the season (it's not), but because I've convinced the DH that we should take a trip to Alaska for 1-2 weeks, and I don't want to leave the meaties alone that long....

Convince your DH to take me instead and you would be able to stay home with the fluff butts.

How do you guys sex your cx? Mine are 2-3ish weeks old (I think, got at rural King, 0.99 older chick special so not positive on age, and the ages vary). And I am wondering when and how I can sex them. We've noticed that some of them have more tail feathers than others. Anyone know if that is an age or sex thing?

How do you guys sex your cx? Mine are 2-3ish weeks old (I think, got at rural King, 0.99 older chick special so not positive on age, and the ages vary). And I am wondering when and how I can sex them. We've noticed that some of them have more tail feathers than others. Anyone know if that is an age or sex thing?

By 13 weeks I can tell the difference, when I was forced to have camp day at 7 weeks I could not.

Bon Voyage MM!  Have a safe and wonderful trip, and take some good Canadian Chicken Pictures to share with us!

Nugget - There is a WI Poultry Facebook Group that I stalk (er....watch) for new fluffers, not that I've bought any yet.  I wonder if your area has something like that?  You could put out an In Search OF (ISO) and see what you get.  
thanks I will try that

Well it looks like my poultry adventure is over
1f622.png
. Due to some family issues we will be selling most of them and might keep a few. I want u all to know you have a special spot in my heart and I thought of u all as family and that u all helped me through your funny and amazing posts when things werent going to well before. :hit

Well it looks like my poultry adventure is over
1f622.png
. Due to some family issues we will be selling most of them and might keep a few. I want u all to know you have a special spot in my heart and I thought of u all as family and that u all helped me through your funny and amazing posts when things werent going to well before. :hit

holm25 I am very sorry to hear your news. You have been wonderful to hear about your escapades on this thread. Hugs to you.

Back
Top Bottom