First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I have tube fed baby parrots, the only warning I would give is to be careful it goes where it is supposed to go so the birds don't asphyxiate.
Yes, that is a big fear that I had. But when you extend the neck of a chicken and tip her head back it completely closes the trachea and opens the throat. Plus if you use a large enough tube, you would meet resistance if you entered the trachea.

It is a two person job if your bird has any spunk but so worth the trouble. My 3 girls are a bit spunkier today!

So if anyone is interested I have Cornish rock from welp hatchery they are really fast growers and all healthy but I have way to many then I need I'm trying to sale them cheap due to needing the room please pm me if interested I have 15

And if I had to liken these guys to any other animal it would be pirañas but with a massively fast growth rate these guys have doubled their size about every two to three days

@daskhan why not send them to freezer camp.The "Cornish game "I've seen them butchered at a 1-1/2#or less

Although sometimes I would agree that,that is a great idea my preggo wouldn't let me do that and most people in my house hold prefer to eat store bought foods (it drives me nuts)

Update picture

I never thought of tube feeding, i will have to look into that. What a great way to get massive doses of antibiotics into a bumblefoot bird!

Turkeytuff I have 22 turkeys now. I need to cut back but have no idea who to get rid of. I want them all, but I can imagine the probelms with 10 Toms come breeding time.

I have found it is never good for a turkey when they are named after a major holiday. I have 2 BBB that will be guests of honor on an upcoming thursday...

Good luck with that! I have 7 hens and 3 jakes I think and I reckon we have about another 6 weeks before the mating urges start. Last year January was an turkey orgy - not funny!
We just moved 8 of them to the lower pastures and they were in prison in the barn for a day or two to get them used to. It was piteous watching their faces through the screen. they were so happy to be let out this afternoon, skittering through the leaves and trilling away
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Jessica all power to you, that is fantastic that you discovered how to tubefeed. I wanted to do that a few times but always bottled out in the end. The forum on tubefeeding here is very useful.

Back
Top Bottom