First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Here are a couple pictures of two of them. I put my hand in for comparison. keep in mind that they are about 6-7 weeks old.

Can someone answer me a question- we got Cornish cross chicks from TSC. They do not look like Cornish cross though. They are about 6 weeks old and SMALL! Like a standard chicken. Also- they are buff colored. In all honesty, they look like buff Orpington chicks. I'll post a picture here after a bit, but what do you guys think? Are they Cornish cross or did TSC mess up?

Yes.

I have a batch of CX that will be going into tractor. I don't have time to do the 2 feedings per day at 20 minutes. Others say let them eat for 12 hours with unlimited feed. Is this best method or should I leave a calculated amount to get them thru half day then throw little feed in that evening? There are approximately 12hrs a day I can't tend to them....

Any takers to guess what they are?

I don't know how old they are, but they look a bit skinny for buff Orpingtons. I'd lean more toward buff Rocks.

EDIT: Just re-read your original post. They are pretty young yet, so could go either way. But, I did see buff Rocks at my local TSC a few weeks ago, have never seen Orps there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom