First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I like that she is not overly large in the breast. That is a good thing in a potential breeder.

All CX's are beautiful IMHO.

The other thing I like is that she is not nibbling on Molpet's fingers...lying on the ground.
wee.gif
I have all my fingers so far

What are your plans for her?
Hoping it's a her and to use either my mixed rooster , he is broad breasted

or I may keep a barred rock rooster from this year's "hens" from Big R..they claim they only sell hens in chickens.
The CX came from Big R and I find it hard to believe they all were hens when I have roos in the BR and BO's from there ... But the cx all look like hens to me, and the two CX I processed were hens...or at least they didn't have testicles like the spare rooster I processed this morning...he was narrow and mean to every poultry...and God gave him a big set LOL

Last edited:
Processed 2 more today. One was 6 lbs, the other 5. In an effort to save time, I skinned them and quartered them. This is by far the best way to process, for me anyway. Took me 45 minutes instead of 2 hours! I accidentally nicked one birds intestine...nastytown. Hate when that happens.

Processed 2 more today. One was 6 lbs, the other 5. In an effort to save time, I skinned them and quartered them. This is by far the best way to process, for me anyway. Took me 45 minutes instead of 2 hours! I accidentally nicked one birds intestine...nastytown. Hate when that happens.

When cleaning a bird and you nick the intestine the best thing to do is quickly lift the bird off the table and bite down hard on the "nick" to keep the nasty stuff inside the intestinal track, Then finish gutting the bird and open you teeth so the guts fall to the ground....

When cleaning a bird  and you nick the intestine the best thing to do is quickly lift the bird off the table and bite down hard on the "nick" to keep the nasty stuff inside the intestinal track,   Then finish gutting the bird and open you teeth so the guts fall to the ground....

LOL!!

Thanks for the laugh...I'm thoroughly grossed out for the day!

On a side note.....I'm hiding eggs from my wife for the incubator....she will kill me if she catches me.
sad.png
I can't help it. The incubator just looks soooooooo sad.
It is a well known fact that if you fail to feed your incubator then it will starve and die. Feed it, it's the only humane thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom