First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Thanks

The worst part she is my best pullet, I only have 3 pullets this year and 5-6 roosters...The roosters better hope she lives or one of them is coming inside for thanksgiving dinner...
I believe your best pullet is one that will stay alive. If she has heart issues now, she will pass that trait on to her offspring. Having a whole batch turn blue is worse than one in the freezer.

I believe your best pullet is one that will stay alive. If she has heart issues now, she will pass that trait on to her offspring. Having a whole batch turn blue is worse than one in the freezer.

With toads you never know. They bring in so many defects from the CX line it is just hard to raise them...

I should have said instead of best, the one I wanted to survive the most.

I have a toad pullet I am afraid is dying.

She seems to still be active but her comb has turned to purple or bluish.   When that happens on the large birds it normally means the heart is starting to leak or not being as efficient.

I put her in a show bird cage so she does not have to worry about being harassed by the boys.  Keeping them alive a year is so hard to do.
oh no!! My fingers are crossed for her. I would love to see your project keep going.

I have a toad pullet I am afraid is dying.

She seems to still be active but her comb has turned to purple or bluish. When that happens on the large birds it normally means the heart is starting to leak or not being as efficient.

I put her in a show bird cage so she does not have to worry about being harassed by the boys. Keeping them alive a year is so hard to do.
Prayers she gets better
MY CX had a purple tipped comb in the hot weather and I thought I was going to lose her, but she pulled through.. A broody hatched 4 of her eggs, hoping they will make it to next spring

One more week.....

My pullet is still alive and seems to be doing ok.

I am going to worm the Toads and her just incase, I know bad worms can do that to them. I have never had a worm problem but you never know. I normally use ACV as a preventive but I think I will use Wazine this time. I will not be able to eat them for 30 days and no eggs for 2 weeks but that is no biggie now.

Back
Top Bottom