First set of eggs in for me this year

Little giant circulated air incubator. I wish I had one like you but this will most likely be my last hatch. I'm hathing 7 ancona duck eggs. Looked today and all seven are beginjng to show the disk. :) :);)

I have a Little giant with an automatic egg turner. My one problem is putting H2O in. The egg turner is covering the H2O groves. I was thinking of adding some food colouring the H2O so I could tell the level of the H2O without having to open the incubator. I'm just worried that the food colouring will give off... what's the word, chemical (?). I don't know. It sounds like you peoples have used incubators multiple times before, so what is your technique for keeping the humidity level up?

this is my first attempt at hatching with the little giant, but I took a sponge and laid it in the bottom, then took a piece of aquarium air hose and enlarged one on the tiny holes just enough to get it in then using a squeeze bottle from the utencil area at Wal-Mart (looks like an old style picnic ketchup bottle) I can add water without opening the bator!

I have the Brinsea mini advance. I us a flashlight to check water level and just open the bator to add water if necessary, never had an issue with it causing hatching problems.

My worry right now is the my auto turner isn't working, guess I will go sit in closet for 30 minutes or so and see if it goes, LOL

Back
Top Bottom