First Sick Chick

kmjirak

Hatching
Apr 10, 2018
Hello, I am new to chickens and have a sick chick. She is lethargic, weak, and barely opening her eyes. I purchased her Friday, and was weak, but she perked up until this morning with electrolytes and water through a little syringe. Also we have been feeding her a mash through the syringe with yogurt and smashed up chicken starter. I also tried poly vi sol as well. Today, she is worse than she has been and barely drank or eaten. Does anyone have any other suggestions for my little girl?

Totally unscientific, but try wrapping them in a towel/scarf and holding her close to your chest. That's what I did for my baby who seemed a little "off" and now she's fine and we have the closest bond out of my whole flock. She'll love the warmth. I hope she gets better!

Totally unscientific, but try wrapping them in a towel/scarf and holding her close to your chest. That's what I did for my baby who seemed a little "off" and now she's fine and we have the closest bond out of my whole flock. She'll love the warmth. I hope she gets better!

Thank you... We have been doing that and she seemed that happiest with it but today she does not even react when we hold her like she was ... So sad !!

Also wondering if there are any updates :) I got 10 chicks a few days ago and lost two (they were not in good shape when I got them) so I know how hard it is to worry.

Back
Top Bottom