First snow in NJ - Many more to come

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain
I'll selflessly donate all our snow to you (until maybe late December), but the catch is you also get the heavy rain! Our chickens may turn themselves into chicken soup!

Quote:
Hmmm... might have to think about that then... because we had heavy rain all summer. These last few days the girls FINALLY kicked the last of the mud off of their ankles!
lol.png

woot.gif
it's back above 0F now...
big_smile.png

Keep some of the instant hand-warmer packets on hand... I've used those when the power went out and they work great! I've also done what you did... but usually not more than one bird at a time!! LOL! Good job!!

All 5 went in my shirt plus a d'uccle chick on the side. I will get some hand warmers. Cant wait to tell the DGF when I talk to her on the phone lol

I am in Stockton and it is still slushing (sort of raining, sort of snowing) here. I just went out to visit the ladies and they are sitting under the coop making unhappy noises. They are soaking wet.
sad.png

We have had our first snow here in the UK midlands today.
It got dark early and as we have just changed to GMT I got confused as to what time it was and was late putting the hens to bed. One decided she was not going to sleep in the coop so I had to find her in the dark. It was very slippery and I trod in something..not quite sure what...but they are all safe and sound now. It is just above freezing at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom