First snow...*pic heavy*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lorihadams, Dec 7, 2008.

1. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    and the chickens definitely are not fans! My EEs kept flying around until they could find patches of ground without the snow on it! [​IMG]

My dogs loved it, but we only got about an inch so it will probably be gone later today.

Just thought I would share some pics!

Checking it out
    [​IMG]

Quick, get off of the stuff!
    [​IMG]

Butterscotch and Bertha, finally back on safe ground!
    [​IMG]

What's wrong with them, this stuff is great!!!
    [​IMG]

Hanging out on the kid's playground equipment
    [​IMG]

Throw the ball ma!
    [​IMG]

Took this one this morning too...I call it "wishful thinking"
    My 3 barred rock hens Big Mama, Lucy and Ethel with my little banty roo Buddy
    [​IMG]

I just love my zoo!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  2. Great pics [​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    OH MY.....in the first pic of your dogs the big tan dog looks like he is grinning!!!! How adorable!!!! [​IMG] Those are so cute! Poor chickies! LOL

4. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    My chickens got their first snow the other day. They only saw about 1/4 of an inch. Yesterday it snowed a good 1 and a half inches. Your chickens are so cool.

5. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    The grinning dog is Charlie...he was our rescue dog...thinks he's a 120 lb lap dog...he's a mess. He's always had that face that looked like he was grinning. He chewed up so much stuff in the house that we had to put him outside in the kennel. His dog house is so huge it took 4 grown men to lift it. My dogs are rotten.

The black one is Tonka, our black lab. He is our stud dog...he too stays outside in a separate kennel (2 car garage frame covered in a tarp) with a calf house as a dog house. We used to keep him in the house but he really does like it better outside...he gets too hot in the house and whines constantly to go out.

The chocolate lab with the snow on her nose is Maggie, she's pregnant and we are anticipating puppies any minute now (ongoing post in other pets and livestock)

The cat is Lil' Bit. She's my mouser...used to be an inside cat but constantly fought to get outside to hunt so we let her stay out and she loves it. She constantly brings us "prizes". She has a small dog house on the front porch that she stays in during the colder months.

My chickens are Buddy, Bertha, Butterscotch, Big Boy, Henrietta (Miss Etta), Big Mama, Lucy and Ethel.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics!

Lori

6. ChickenGirl95

ChickenGirl95 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    New York
    I love your pics. Very cute dogs and chickens!

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Love the pics [​IMG] they are all to cute

8. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Nice looking crew there. Mine don't like the snow at all either. You'd think it was toxic waste by their reaction to it.

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Buddy is soooo cute! [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

10. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I love your cat,I have one just like her.

Omran.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by