First Three 2015 Eggs are FERTILE

It would help a lot if I knew what splits the Cameos had. It would also help if I could retain all the help you guys have tried to teach me about genetics and how they work.
sad.png
old.gif
I joke about my CRS but it isn't very funny.

I assume that because the cock is low percentage Spaulding that will not make much of an impact on the offspring. He is Purple BS, the Cameos I know are hiding BS, Pied, and WE so I may end up with a lot of variants? With my luck I will end up with mostly IBs.

I will make a stab at it and I am mostly guessing here. 1/4 IBs, 1/4 Purple, 1/4 Cameo, and 1/4 Cameo BS?

I think with a Purple male all your hens will be Purple with a variety of the aforementioned pattern splits. The part that throws me is the males, but I am thinking they should all look like blues, with the various pattern splits, but will be (or at least some will be?) split to both Purple and Cameo. These are the genetically interesting males you would use to breed back and hopefully get what you would like to get. At least I think so.
hide.gif

Last edited:
That's a great price for mature peahens for sure, i sold my last ib peahen last week.

Also got this male last weeks, i really don't know if he is purple silver pied or india blue silver pied?

Sometimes his neck will be blue and sometimes purple!

Then I bet he is Purple SP.

My IBSP's neck sometimes looks blue and sometimes looks green, but it never looks purple.

When bred to what type of hen?

Peach is sex linked so it doesn't matter what type of hen, all should produce half (50%) Peach daughters. Your Purple male( Poppa P) will produce all Purple daughters, no matter what color their moms are, if he were split to Purple half his daughters would be Purple no matter what color their moms are.
wink.png

Just an thought here.. It does not mean that if you hatch 10 that 5 will be peach... You might hatch 20 and none will be peach but next year 4 out of 5 will be peach females. So you have to be patient with sex link splits, some time it is a long wait. George

Wow congrats!!!
thumbsup.gif

I didn't know you were getting eggs now too. I haven't gotten another egg yet. I am thinking today I might find one. I can't test the fertility of the first one I got because I am selling that one to be eaten. If I get one today I will check for fertility and then eat it haha.

Super secret pen ehh?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom