First Three 2015 Eggs are FERTILE

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by AugeredIn, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Checked the first three eggs of the year last night and all of them are fertile! One is from the Super Secret Pen #1. Did not get a fertile egg last year until egg number 18.

2. q8peafowl

q8peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    Congrats [​IMG] i have 9 eggs now in the incubator.

3. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Good for you! Sounds like they are getting the hang of it.

4. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Wow congrats!!! [​IMG]

I didn't know you were getting eggs now too. I haven't gotten another egg yet. I am thinking today I might find one. I can't test the fertility of the first one I got because I am selling that one to be eaten. If I get one today I will check for fertility and then eat it haha.

Super secret pen ehh? [​IMG]

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Congrats. Gotta ask, what's the super secret *pens*?

-Kathy

6. I have ten total so far.

7. If I told you it would not be super secret. Hoping for something new though.

8. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

I am hoping for something new too. I put three Cameo hens in with the Spaulding Purple Black Shoulder cock. Brad said it won't work. [​IMG]

9. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    Secret pens,,,,,,,bet they are covered with a tarp? Trail cams hidden to keep an eye out for intruders??? Inquiring minds wanna know,,or at least see a google earth shot. Congrats on the fertile eggs,,be another 45 days here

10. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I am guessing it is those birds he has that he was thinking could be a brand new variety - although they might not be old enough for breeding yet so who knows. We know they are in pen #1! Wait, or is that pen #1 of several secret pens? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by