First Three 2015 Eggs are FERTILE

When bred to what type of hen?

Peach is sex linked so it doesn't matter what type of hen, all should produce half (50%) Peach daughters. Your Purple male( Poppa P) will produce all Purple daughters, no matter what color their moms are, if he were split to Purple half his daughters would be Purple no matter what color their moms are.
wink.png

Just an thought here.. It does not mean that if you hatch 10 that 5 will be peach... You might hatch 20 and none will be peach but next year 4 out of 5 will be peach females. So you have to be patient with sex link splits, some time it is a long wait. George

KS, I like that open approach you have. Now if you would come here and help me dig about 50 post holes,.all would be peachy. So when ya hitch'in up the buggy and head'in east?? jk

I just finished drilling 18 postholes for my new run, I may be a bit sore for a few days so you might need to start without me.
hit.gif
It wasn't that bad, I have a skid steer with an auger attachment.
cool.png

I am curious why your birds are not allowed to go outside? Isn't the run attached to the building so they can go back in if they like?

I just finished drilling 18 postholes for my new run, I may be a bit sore for a few days so you might need to start without me.
hit.gif
It wasn't that bad, I have a skid steer with an auger attachment.
cool.png

I am curious why your birds are not allowed to go outside? Isn't the run attached to the building so they can go back in if they like?

My birds are not allowed out yet either. We pull our netting back so the snow and ice that slides off the barn roof doesn't wipe the whole thing out. We will not reattach it until all snow and ice danger is past, all my Peas are grumpy by this time of year. Hope you and your skid steer recover soon, ours' got a work out clearing snow this year!

Last edited:
Well if your sore, I'll still take your skidder with the auger attachment.You can kick back with a cold glass of merlot while I dig.Yes the aviary is attached to one side only of Pea Palace but I only have 2 runs with doors allowing the birds to go back and forth. We had frozen water on puddles here this morning so it was below freezing again.I got to worm them all one more time starting tonight and part of getting them to want to drink is taking water away all day,then puttting feed bowls out in the evening with the wormer in the water. PS,,Just learned Ivomec has a sheep wormer that can be mixed 3cc's per gallon of water and will not seperate out as Safeguard.Nice green container so it stands out. Once birds are wormed the pens needs lined with straw as the dirt floor in each pen is mud and the males trains will get full in no time and be ruined. Maybe I equate what temperatures us humans sees as cold and I know it's warmer inside a building with no drafts so since the peas aren't yet breeding they are better inside a building??

It's a weird year, so be ready for early breeding. Mine only started calling 3 days ago but have been actively breeding for over a month as the 2 weird eggs I got last month were fertile!
I am so close to the Kansas border I might as well be in Nebraska. :)

Back
Top Bottom