FIRST TIME ATTEMPTING TO HATCH EXOTIC FOWL. 2014 EMU HATCH-A-LONG

my month old emu chicks that are only a month old an 2 1/2 feet tall.

Uhh, if you can answer, then yes. If not, I'll ask someone else?
lol. Well mine are just going to be for pets, But emu farmers usually keep them for their emu oil, which helps with joint pains among other things, I herd in the 70s or 80s they were kept for their meat and some farms still do that. Also people pay up to 20 bucks for a blown out emu egg to carve and to make crafts with, And people also sell their feathers also for crafts and cool hair extensions. Also you can use their leg scales for cow boy boats, and their leather for purses, You can process and sell almost anything from an emu. their, meat, oil, eggs, skin, scales, even claws!

haha, he's (or she) is so cute!
do you know if it female or male??
The one in the pic who is running I think is a boy because of a perfect bull's eye on his head, (though I know that that isn't a very reliable way of figuring the genders) And the other one thats looking at the camera, a girl.

The one in the pic who is running I think is a boy because of a perfect bull's eye on his head, (though I know that that isn't a very reliable way of figuring the genders) And the other one thats looking at the camera, a girl.
so is it good to have a lots of girls and less boys, with emus, or does it not matter??

lol. Well mine are just going to be for pets, But emu farmers usually keep them for their emu oil, which helps with joint pains among other things, I herd in the 70s or 80s they were kept for their meat and some farms still do that. Also people pay up to 20 bucks for a blown out emu egg to carve and to make crafts with, And people also sell their feathers also for crafts and cool hair extensions. Also you can use their leg scales for cow boy boats, and their leather for purses, You can process and sell almost anything from an emu. their, meat, oil, eggs, skin, scales, even claws!

Cool. Was just curious. Emus are a bit too much bird for me personally but I love learning.

Back
Top Bottom