First time butchering, everything went wrong, & a quick question

I just finished doing 18 CX this morning. This time I went with the bypass loppers! NOT anvil. Highly recommended. No way of messing it up. One quick snap and done. I purchased a new set just for this purpose, these are also easy to sharpen if need. They were very sharp off the shelf.
385EA605-6231-4651-AED4-B5FA8EC604F3.jpeg

I just finished doing 18 CX this morning. This time I went with the bypass loppers! NOT anvil. Highly recommended. No way of messing it up. One quick snap and done. I purchased a new set just for this purpose, these are also easy to sharpen if need. They were very sharp off the shelf.
View attachment 2695693
I started off using those, but switched to pipe cutter. Easier to hold the head and then cut.
Screenshot_20210310-082936.png

Does it... Does it actually work, though? That seems much more convenient than the mini guillotine I've been designing.

And @everyone, I haven't yet thanked you all for your support and advice -- thank you!!
I've busted one of those, but I was angry at the time and not using it properly (they are good at cutting PEX, much less good for largish diameter PVC). Check the handle - they are all hollow but some are a little more flimsy than others - not sure what brand mine was, but part of the handle folded and twisted.

OTOH, you can buy replacement blades for them, which is nice - no need to sharpen.

Does it... Does it actually work, though? That seems much more convenient than the mini guillotine I've been designing.

And @everyone, I haven't yet thanked you all for your support and advice -- thank you!!
Oh it works, I have done a bunch. I sharpen a couple times. Can chip the blade on a old roo or tom.

Back
Top Bottom