First time butchering, everything went wrong, & a quick question

Was bird in a cone or....?
Yes
AD4B13ED-3C5D-4712-A3FF-A9833F26ECFC.jpeg

They had said they used those long loppers. I assume they place the bird on the ground and pin the neck to the ground with the loppers so the head cant squirm out. Or possibly cutting further down so theres no need to cut the neck off later
No I place bird in cone pull head out the bottom bird extends its head. Place loppers around head and snip. One person job.

After the first few I noticed that if I put the back of the bird towards me (the Lowes symbol) the bird would actually extend and pull its head up forming a J shape. Made it perfect for the loppers.
I had to cut the bottom of the cone opening bigger cause the birds were big old fatties and I’m sure that helped giving me more access

4757D5FC-0800-4E3E-8AAC-C981C7178187.jpeg

I will have to try putting them in the other way and letting them hang longer

View attachment 2696506
Letting them hang longer should help. The first few seconds you see them wiggle. Shortly after you should see them rest and extend neck out. When dropping down into cone face the back of the chicken to where you want the head to stretch out.

Last edited:
I will have to try putting them in the other way and letting them hang longer

View attachment 2696506
Its a little morbid but its kinda funny seeing a chicken butt up in a cat litter container. I'm just pretending the head is still on him 😕. Its necessary though because you cant give roos away. Ive tried and anyone you try to give them to will just eat them. If I raised it I might as well eat it :idunno

Back
Top Bottom