First time butchering, everything went wrong, & a quick question

Its a little morbid but its kinda funny seeing a chicken butt up in a cat litter container. I'm just pretending the head is still on him 😕. Its necessary though because you cant give roos away. Ive tried and anyone you try to give them to will just eat them. If I raised it I might as well eat it :idunno
Oh he still had his head on... just tucked up out of sight. I took the pic for reference of a cheap easy to make cone.
I hatch to fill my freezer, I know what kind of life they had and what they ate. Also keeps me from overeating because of the work involved and I have to take a life.

I have so much admiration for all of yall! I am so afraid I am going to have to cull one or both of my Roo's and don't know if I can do it I did not want them but ended up with them from a batch of chicks this spring! I have said if they remain nice I will let them stay but yesterday the alpha Roo attacked my silkie hen not for mating this was a fight! She was willing to try and take him on but she is much smaller she is the family favorite so if this continues he goes in the freezer! I have never culled anything and just don't know if I can do it! But as its been said here you cant give them away. Reading stories form those who have not done this before and then were able to really helps! Thank you for posting!!!!

Back
Top Bottom