First time Chick owner from Gig Harbor, WA

welcome-byc.gif

You do know, though, that you will have more than 3 before too long...right?

I am new here, as you can see. Just now saw all the welcome posts! Thanks everyone. I love this website and forum and plan on using it a lot for valuable info. I am pretty sure 3 is all I will have. We live in a sub division. Honestly, I am not even sure we can legally have any. We have a HOA. I am hoping they are all girls. I am getting attached to them and would not want to give them up. Obviously we can't have any roosters. Our coop only is big enough for 3.

Hello,

I too live in Gig Harbor and just picked up my chicks from Port Orchard , a very nice couple that have a pottery and chicken business.

This is my first experience with chickens and actually got talked into it by my GROWN children who didn't have the space at their home.

We have 12 chicks, Hopfully the coop will be finished this weekend as they currently are living in a playpen in the garage. We haven't a clue the sex and that's not something I'm looking forward to (egg vs Mc Nuggets) but with anything, it's a learning curve. Just a few of the breeds we got were: Easter Eggers, Wheaton, Light and speckled Sussex and something else that excapes me.

I'm hoping to be able to let them roam when I'm doing yard work, on the days we work they will have to be locked up. We have a bear over here and the coyotes this year are more than ever.

I was just reading the laws for chickens in Pierce Co. at least trying to get the updated version. We have almost 3 acres so the girls are no problem, I'm not clear on the boys. I guess it's a noise thing. Do you have any idea?

It would be nice to have a local chicken buddy:D

Hope to hear from you,

Laura

Back
Top Bottom