First time duck egg hatch...

Ok so i decided after the responses and the article that a safety hole, even if not necessary, won't hurt anything so i did it. Probobly sweat buckets while doing it .. but i was very careful and i used a tiny drill bit. Is it too big?

Do you have a picture? Really as long just the tip of the screw went in you will be fine, It's definitely not a life or death procedure. I always put safety holes on my call eggs, most of mine are higher quality so their bills are short and quite often get stuck. Let us know if any of them make any progress.

Heres a photo

Attachments

• 20200317_091933.jpg
    20200317_091933.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 8
Ok thats good to know.. i just used a flashlight and picked a spot where i didnt see shadow cause i was afraid to go un too fast and hurt something ...

Looks good to me, If you have to do the other egg's do it on the top of the Aircell to prevent them from turning and blocking the safety hole, I wouldn't worry about this egg though.

one more question.. how bad is it to open the incubator during lockdown if i have to do the other eggs that will be twice that i open it ?

one more question.. how bad is it to open the incubator during lockdown if i have to do the other eggs that will be twice that i open it ?

Try to open the incubator as little as possible, you will want to keep the humidity high during the last few days to prevent shrink wrapping. Opening it once more tonight should be fine just make sure to keep the humidity high.

Back
Top Bottom