First time duck owner!

Do they sound the same? Or different? If you have one male and one female, their peeps should sound different by now. When you pick them up and walk away with them, what do they do? If it’s not immediately quacking it’s head off, then it’s probably a male. Males tend to be silent when separated. Females throw a fit.:gig

I tried it this way this morning any help would be greatly appreciated. The first duck to be held was the light, slightly bigger one with a dark bean. We have heard a couple honks from this one but not a lot at all.The second is the dark, smaller one with the bean the same color as the bill. We have not heard any honks from this one and it seems to be meaner and pick on the lighter one.

I am not sure on sex but at their age they need a different water and feed container

They need to be able to dunk their heads to clean out their eyes and nares and those bills won't work so well on their wider bills

They sure are adorable.

Link to some good ideas for feed and water.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/duckling-care-brooder-ideas.64854/

Try walking away from it's brooder mate and see if that can get more noise out of them.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure I hear at least one female when they are chattering to each other. But like Miss Lydia said, if you take them away from their friend that’s when they really start making noise. I can’t tell when you pick them up from those videos.:(

Back
Top Bottom