First Time Egg Candler Scared!

So we ended up with 11 out of 12! Yay

So we ended up with 11 out of 12! Yay
That's excellent! Congratulations.

I'm still waiting it out on 9 of my eggs. One of them I did not expect to hatch, but I just don't know why the other 8 would not since they candled perfectly and the other 6 seemed to hatch with ease. Either way, I super happy with 6 and I can't wait to get hatching again after working out the kinks.

That's excellent! Congratulations.

I'm still waiting it out on 9 of my eggs. One of them I did not expect to hatch, but I just don't know why the other 8 would not since they candled perfectly and the other 6 seemed to hatch with ease. Either way, I super happy with 6 and I can't wait to get hatching again after working out the kinks.
No more pips???

No more pips???
No more pips so far. I candled one egg when I took the chicks out and it looked solid. No peeping or beak in the air cell though. I'm in day 22 right now so I'm sure the % chance of survival is dropping rapidly. If I candle them tonight, what would I be looking for?

No more pips so far. I candled one egg when I took the chicks out and it looked solid. No peeping or beak in the air cell though. I'm in day 22 right now so I'm sure the % chance of survival is dropping rapidly. If I candle them tonight, what would I be looking for?
Internal pips. If there are no internal pips after 24 hours of the last hatcher, I wouldn't hold out too much hope. If there's any movement, I would give them more time, but I'm doubtful if there's no pips after 24 hours.

I don't candle any more after hatching, so I couldn't tell you. I will say that in all 5 hatches this year, I have had at least 2 pip and hatch on day 22/23. I never shut down until day 23, but I do shut down on day 23. I've had bad experiences with late hatchers

I don't candle any more after hatching, so I couldn't tell you. I will say that in all 5 hatches this year, I have had at least 2 pip and hatch on day 22/23. I never shut down until day 23, but I do shut down on day 23. I've had bad experiences with late hatchers

I guess after you hatch enough, you get to an easier point of "long enough". I waited till end of day 24 before I convinced myself that my last 2 were gone. I had 3 day-21, 6 day-22 and one day-23 hatchers.

Back
Top Bottom