first time egg hatcher

Good Morning friends,its been 24 hours and she is still alive. lol I noticed she still isnt all fluffu and dry yet and shes picking at/eating her egg shell. Is this normal?

Like everyone has said you haven't done anything wrong. They may not get fluffy and dry while in the bator because of the high humidity. Also, have you considered what you're gonna do if the other egg doesn't hatch? Solitary chicks don't acclimate well. I've had just one hatch before and went out bought her some friends... Chicken math...

Like everyone has said you haven't done anything wrong. They may not get fluffy and dry while in the bator because of the high humidity. Also, have you considered what you're gonna do if the other egg doesn't hatch? Solitary chicks don't acclimate well. I've had just one hatch before and went out bought her some friends... Chicken math...
Well I just cracked the other egg open and started hearing chirping and there was a lot of blood. I got scared thinking she was shrink wrapped in and I pulled her out. She is laying in the incubator, still breathing but. I don not think she is going to make it. So I am really angry at myself at the moment. Definitely failed at this my first time around.
I have 4 saphire gems about a week and half old in in a dog crate in my basment, I was trying to figure a way to integrate her. I was thinking maybe I could put a partition in the crate that was see through for a bit until she gains some weight. That way they can see each other but the bigger ones wont hurt her? I dont know. I was also told to put one of the other babies in with her but when I tried she jumped out of the conatiner. I have the new baby in a round metal tub inside a dog crate.

Back
Top Bottom