First time EVER hatching

Pics
Chicks, Poults should be walking around within a couple of hours at hatch. Most are up and moving within a few minutes.
Hopefully he's just tired from the ordeal and will get his legs soon!
That’s what I found on google it does seem to want to rest a lot. So I’m letting it do just that, hopefully it survives the night. I’m hoping the other two eggs start pipping soon.

I hope she survives the night too.
In the morning, I'd take her out and put her in the brooder. Direct dose her with a poultry vitamin like Poultry Nutri-Drench, 2-3 drops twice a day. See if she will start to pick at a few crumbs of feed and get to water and drink a few sips on her own.

In the morning, I'd take her out and put her in the brooder. Direct dose her with a poultry vitamin like Poultry Nutri-Drench, 2-3 drops twice a day. See if she will start to pick at a few crumbs of feed and get to water and drink a few sips on her own.
Thank just informed the husband we need to get that from the feed store as soon as they open. It did survive the night still very wobbly but walking a bit more it’s under the brooder with shaving I haven’t seen it try to eat or drink anything. I’m about ready to put thing between my breasts and carry it everywhere with me and keep food and water on hand lol.

Thank you again for your help! Went and got a probiotic and electrolytes for the chick and started that just now! Hopefully this will help give it the boost it needs! Now I’m just routing for these other two eggs to show me something

I would like to Thank everyone who helped me through my first hatch it was quite an experience I won’t forget. Definitely getting a name brand incubator instead of this nameless one I got. My turkey unfortunately from what I can see is not going to make. It can no longer hold its head up and won’t try to eat or drink anything. It’s very sad to watch it as it fades but I know it’s the circle of life. Fingers crossed for the other two eggs to hatch.

I would like to Thank everyone who helped me through my first hatch it was quite an experience I won’t forget. Definitely getting a name brand incubator instead of this nameless one I got. My turkey unfortunately from what I can see is not going to make. It can no longer hold its head up and won’t try to eat or drink anything. It’s very sad to watch it as it fades but I know it’s the circle of life. Fingers crossed for the other two eggs to hatch.
:hugs I'm sorry :hugs

I decided for my first time hatching I would go with turkeys, to my surprise I was kind of successful as I have pipping turkey that seems to be struggling with zippering as I have been watching it since 430am Mountain time. And it’s almost 5 hrs now and this is how far we have gotten. I don’t know if the membrane is drying out and I should help the little guy or what. I need help and suggestions. The small pip is the start the big hole with the beak is where we are at. It is chirping every so often but I’m not seeing much progress. I feel like this is what it’s like to watch paint dry for paint enthusiast lol
I have several that this happens to every hatching. Take some tweezers and very gently run it along the opening. After a while it does get dried out and feathers get stuck to membrane and they can't move enough to finish. I run tweezers around it to loosen and get everything unstuck. Few situations I have broken shell and pulled membrane off head a bit to ensure they have air flow and don't die. Just only do around head area. It's very important for them to hatch themselves and do the first kick. I have made mistake before of helping to much and they end up with leg issues from not getting the kick.

Thank you for the advice I’ll keep that in mind next time unfortunately my chick that hatched didn’t make it, and my other two eggs never hatched thanks to my incubator getting the temp up to 104/105 but it said it was 100. I threw out the non name brand incubator and will be getting the one my mother has who has nothing but success with on several hatches.
I have several that this happens to every hatching. Take some tweezers and very gently run it along the opening. After a while it does get dried out and feathers get stuck to membrane and they can't move enough to finish. I run tweezers around it to loosen and get everything unstuck. Few situations I have broken shell and pulled membrane off head a bit to ensure they have air flow and don't die. Just only do around head area. It's very important for them to hatch themselves and do the first kick. I have made mistake before of helping too much and they end up with leg issues from not getting the kick.
for

Back
Top Bottom