First time EVER hatching

There were no veins it was all transparent or yellow so I highly believe the poor thing was starting to dry out.
There was even pooh at the bottom of the shell once it was able to push itself out of the shell.
Oh yeah, he was ready to come out! YAY!!!
I'm sooo glad he's okay! He'll likely roll and flop around a lot before he gets his feet working right.
BE SURE THE FLOOR of the incubator is NOT SLIPPERY. Cover it with paper towels or a thin kitchen towel, something so he can get some grip. Slippery floor makes chicks with spraddle legs. You do NOT want that.

Thank you I watched a YouTube video on how to do it. Momma bear here started freaking out and felt I had to step in. I did just what said there too! Oh I did it right hopefully this little guy makes it! I already named it the moment it pipped lol. I haven’t left the incubator since it’s been out of the shell. It’s tried getting up and actually made the other eggs rolls it’s chirped a few times, but I think the little guy is just exhausted. I’ll keep you all updated! I seriously THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR ADVICE AND HELP! The next ones (if they pip) I’ll let them do their thing for at least 24hrs
You did GREAT!!! :thumbsup

How does his navel look? It's a bit below the vent. Is it fully closed?
No unfortunately the vent isn’t fully closed it looks like an umbilical cord so I haven’t touched there. But I was able to get the second membrane that’s dried to chick off and it’s back in the incubator flopping around I’ve got a couple of rags along the sides in there for it to sit on. But it flips right off the rags lol. Hopefully if I feel comfortable enough leaving this little guy alone I’ll go to town (30 miles away) and get that dollar tree gripping drawer mats my mom uses those in her incubator to it still vents through the bottom

No unfortunately the vent isn’t fully closed it looks like an umbilical cord so I haven’t touched there. But I was able to get the second membrane that’s dried to chick off and it’s back in the incubator flopping around I’ve got a couple of rags along the sides in there for it to sit on. But it flips right off the rags lol. Hopefully if I feel comfortable enough leaving this little guy alone I’ll go to town (30 miles away) and get that dollar tree gripping drawer mats my mom uses those in her incubator to it still vents through the bottom
The cord still attached is OK. It will eventually dry up and fall off, hopefully leaving a fully closed navel. It might look like a small scab, but that's ok. As long as it's not wet and mushy.

Please get some paper towels on the floor of that incubator NOW. I should have told you about this earlier, I'm sorry. It's critical that they have good flooring at the very start.

I put vented drawer grip in there to help him be able to stand or at least get its feet under itself lol. It works for my mother it should work for me it won’t move when it’s flopping around

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom