First time EVER hatching

Any pips on the other two yet? Do you hear any chirps or see the eggs wiggling?
No pips not sure on the chirping due to the chick chirping and not seeing egg move had to move them into a corner so the other chick doesn’t keep rolling them around. I removed the bowl of water there is water at the bottom of the incubator as well I read somewhere to do both if humidity isn’t high enough

Has he been able to stand, get his feet under him yet?
Yes it’s gotten its feet underneath itself but it’s having trouble walking around still. This is a lot of what it’s doing. It’ll try to get up and walk a couple of steps then fall down like that. But it’s got determination so it’s trying to keep going. This is my first time hatching so I don’t know how long a turkey takes to be able to start walking around.

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3502.jpeg
    IMG_3502.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 6
It’s moving around here and there and is chirping. It’ll stand for a bit then fall over and stay like that. I don’t know how long it usually takes for them to start walking, but it’s a wobbly little thing can hardly walk.

Attachments

• IMG_3502.jpeg
    IMG_3502.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 9
It’s moving around here and there and is chirping. It’ll stand for a bit then fall over and stay like that. I don’t know how long it usually takes for them to start walking, but it’s a wobbly little thing can hardly walk.
It's so cute! My quail could walk about an hour after hatching, but I'm not sure about turkeys.

It's so cute! My quail could walk about an hour after hatching, but I'm not sure about turkeys.
Same with the 8 silkies my mother just hatched that’s what’s got me worried. But honestly it’s still got membrane dried on it’s feather in certain spots so I’m thinking Dawn antibacterial soap, warm water, a soft tooth brush and a rag will help get the rest off. The little things names Easter I want it to survive so badly lol

Back
Top Bottom