First time EVER hatching

Has the chick made any progress yet?
The first one was taken at 10pm the second was taking close to midnight and the last one was taken just a couple of minutes ago it looks like some progress but it’s like a snail trying to win a race with a turtle lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3489.jpeg
    IMG_3489.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3490.jpeg
    IMG_3490.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3491.jpeg
    IMG_3491.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 7
Okay so the second membrane is drying onto the chick it looks that’s what was causing the beak to dry to the first membrane the chick is starting to turn a dark yellow? What’s that mean? Is the second membrane drying out?

It's maybe time to help this chick out. I'll walk you through it as best I can.
Start picking the shell away from the hole, like in a line around the shell as a chick would when it's zipping. Get some of the membrane exposed. Put a drop of coconut oil on the membrane, and post a photo of it.

It's maybe time to help this chick out. I'll walk you through it as best I can.
Start picking the shell away from the hole, like in a line around the shell as a chick would when it's zipping. Get some of the membrane exposed. Put a drop of coconut oil on the membrane, and post a photo of it.
Thank you I watched a YouTube video on how to do it. Momma bear here started freaking out and felt I had to step in. I did just what said there too! Oh I did it right hopefully this little guy makes it! I already named it the moment it pipped lol. I haven’t left the incubator since it’s been out of the shell. It’s tried getting up and actually made the other eggs rolls it’s chirped a few times, but I think the little guy is just exhausted. I’ll keep you all updated! I seriously THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR ADVICE AND HELP! The next ones (if they pip) I’ll let them do their thing for at least 24hrs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom