First Time Hatch for Me, Need help ASAP.

The_Patriot5150

Chirping
Apr 5, 2020
Michigan
So today was hatch day for my eggs under my light Brahma broody hen. I had 5 eggs under her, ready to hatch and peeping inside. 4 out of the 5 have hatched, but the 5th egg is still going and peeping. I examined the egg and there was no holes in it at all, the chick is still trying to peck through the egg. I don’t know if this is normal for a chick to take a little bit longer, but I was just worried about the lonely egg with her sisters (hopefully sisters) cheering her on to get through. Nothing has happened yet, no cracks in the egg, nothing at all, just a lot of peeping and pecking. Do I need to help her out or will she hatch on her own tomorrow?

It will hatch. I have had eggs that I put in all together hatch over three days. The only thing is the hen may get off with her other babies and abandon it. Or she may not.

Ok thank you, I was just worried because there wasn’t even a whole for it to breathe fresh air, I know they have air in the egg but I like knowing they have fresh air. I don’t think she will abandon it though because when I went to check on the egg, the broody had her head tucked in and it looked like she was talking to the egg, it was cute.😊🥰

Ok thank you, I was just worried because there wasn’t even a whole for it to breathe fresh air, I know they have air in the egg but I like knowing they have fresh air. I don’t think she will abandon it though because when I went to check on the egg, the broody had her head tucked in and it looked like she was talking to the egg, it was cute.😊🥰
I do love watching mama hens do their thing. Also, I have had eggs go for 24 hours in between internal and external pip but have never had an issue if it makes you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom