First time hatcher help please!

Just thought I'd share a pic of this cutie! Isn't he doing well? Just wish he had some friends to join him!

The other eggs have all developed this funny speckled pattern which has me doubting they're any good but planning to candle later on when it's a bit darker
Boy, this is interesting. Not sure if it is relevant or not. It almost looks like down collecting on the eggs from the first chick.

You may want to consider checking around locally and seeing if you are able to find atleast one day old chick somewhere for company. Chicks who are alone can develop a pretty sever depression.

@Kiki may know more about the condition of the eggs.

Just candled them all and they're pretty much all quitters 😭

Looks like most of them stopped growing about day 10 :( which was the last day I candled.

I've left one in but I'm not optimistic. Good air sac and dark area at the pointed end but no movement

Just candled them all and they're pretty much all quitters 😭

Looks like most of them stopped growing about day 10 :( which was the last day I candled.

I've left one in but I'm not optimistic. Good air sac and dark area at the pointed end but no movement
I agree that looks like goo and fluff from the newly hatched

Little mirrors and stuffy Toys will help
I would who’s candle those eggs now and see if maybe one needs help or if you maybe have little ones coming soon
I did candle them and they were pretty much all quitters :( saved one but there was no movement from the chick. I'll leave it another day and float test it maybe

The others all looked to have stopped about day 9/10. Must have been something wrong with my incubator temp or humidity

I did candle them and they were pretty much all quitters :( saved one but there was no movement from the chick. I'll leave it another day and float test it maybe

The others all looked to have stopped about day 9/10. Must have been something wrong with my incubator temp or humidity
If they died at day 10, I'd throw them. Float testing is the absolute last resort, it can kill unmatched chicks. But I don't think you have any.

Just wanted to pop on and say thanks for everyone's help and advice! I put a second hatch in and this morning have woken to 4 little chicks on day 21! One more pipped. Will keep fingers crossed for the remaining 4!

Attachments

• PXL_20230722_060854799.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230722_060854799.MP.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom