First time hatcher!!

So I've been reading the "hands on hatching" thread and saw where people were talking about silky eggs needing higher humidity, well I have both, silky and then the regular sized eggs. I've been running my humidity at 33%, or that's what it's been staying at without adding any water, so I was planning to leave it at that until close to lock down, but now I'm not so sure after reading that. I'm only on day 3, so should I wait until day 7 & see how the air cells look & adjust then? Sometimes I feel like I read to much and confuse myself,lol.

So I've been reading the "hands on hatching" thread and saw where people were talking about silky eggs needing higher humidity, well I have both, silky and then the regular sized eggs. I've been running my humidity at 33%, or that's what it's been staying at without adding any water, so I was planning to leave it at that until close to lock down, but now I'm not so sure after reading that. I'm only on day 3, so should I wait until day 7 & see how the air cells look & adjust then? Sometimes I feel like I read to much and confuse myself,lol.

Let the air cells guide you. My first silkie eggs from Ruby, I needed to run higher because my air cells were growing too fast. Now their eggs, which I am incubating now, on the 5th hatch this spring, I've found that every few days I'll raise it for a couple days, but I'm using closer to my normal numbers. When I feel they are where they need to be for the next checkpoint (7/14/18) I raise it till that day by a bit.

Ok so I candled my silky/frizzle eggs and I have some that the air cell is really wobbly, I can see veins in them thou. I have them in egg cartons, pointy end down, and I started turning them 2 days ago. Should I stop turning the ones that have the loose air cells for a bit?

Also, i can see where their is development & it's up toward the top part of the egg, to where the air sac looks like it would overlap it, if that sounds right. Is that ok? I'll try to get a picture tonight to post & maybe you can see what I mean.

I checked my eggs tonight, I think tonight makes 7 days, I still get confused on the day thing,lol. But some, or several of my shipped eggs seem to have pretty big air cells, my local ones seem pretty good. I marked them with pencil & will take a picture in the morning, my humidity is staying between 29-30, so not sure if I need to up it some or not. Some of them are little eggs, silky/frizzle & still have some with wobbly cells, but I could actually see them moving around in there! That was awesome! I'll post pics of the air cells tomorrow.

I got pics of my air cells, where I marked them anyway. I'm going to try to post them.

Ok, so I think I'll try just adding 1 wet sponge & see what that does. But one question, where do I put the sponge? I have eggs that pretty much cover the whole screen.

Back
Top Bottom