First time hatchers hatch A-long!

Pics
So all 17 chicks are happy in the brooder and doing well but that last chick may need some assistance, it's legs are splayed. I thought it was because it was alone in the incubator with a slick floor but it's still splayed in the brooder too. It can still make it to the water and food but not very gracefully so I'm trying to decide if I need to intervene or not. But other than that, they all look great!

How do you sign up I'm what to do new and I don't know do you think you can help me out. First time hach.
Welcome! No need to sign up on this thread, everyone is welcome. :D
Would you mind telling us a bit more about what's going on? What kind of eggs? What day are they on? Was incubator are you using? What is your setup, (humidity, extra thermometers, etc.) Basically tell us all about what you have going on, and what the problem is. I hope we can help! :)

Alright, I just read an article on assisting the hatch since the air cells are damaged. Now I'm super worried about shrink wrapping. My humidity hasn't been perfect the whole time, and I think its been more commonly low then to high. Most of the time between 4-48%, but a few times I would wake up and find it at 38%. The last few days have been really hard getting it high though! Its been between 38 and 45% for about 3 days? Is that going to cause shrink wrapping? I'm super concerned this being my first incubation.
Also, how do you detect think wrapping before everything goes to worst? The chick having trouble zipping, pipping, or hatching all together? Any suggestions? Am I overthinking this? Thanks guys!
Lockdown tomorrow, so I'm super nervous!

Back
Top Bottom