First time hatchers hatch A-long!

Pics

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I have never posted a hatch-A-long before, so I hope there is not correct way to do this lol! Calling all the first time hatchers on here to come follow along and join in!
We can ask each other questions, and share progress!

I have eggs set on a staggered hatch. I got them from a friend who stared incubating them before me because she was so excited, and put them in as they were laid, so their a few days apart. I wouldn't' have done that, but its okay. :)
I'm having issues with my humidity and temp being kept stable, but so far it seems to be okay. Calibrating has also been confusing for some reason, but hopefully i'll figure that out lol!
Come follow along and join in!

I'm definitely a hatcher newbie! Just put my very first 22 eggs in the Nurture Right 360 yesterday. I am needing to replinish my laying hens and none were going broody so I am taking it into my own hands this year. It ought to be interesting because my roo is the below unique easter egger but my girls are columbian wyandottes, silver laced wyandottes, barnevelders, more easter eggers, and buff brahma bantams. So what that roo will produce will be quite interesting lol hatch date is April 13th.

Attachments

• 20210324_183600.jpg
    20210324_183600.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
When did you set the eggs?
Oh, I should have mentioned that, Thanks!
I put them in my incubator 2 days ago, 5 of the eggs were set in our friends incubator on Wednesday, (All EE eggs) 3 were set on Thursday, (Asian black and possibly a cream laying EE egg) and one was set on Friday morning. I got them Friday afternoon, so they have been in my bator for 2 days, and tomorrow will be the first candle, yay!

Welcome! I candled mine yesterday on day 5 with no signs of development, shoot! Giving it until day 7, we'll see how it goes!
Your going to have a beautiful flock with all those eggs!
Welcome! I candled mine yesterday on day 5 with no signs of development, shoot! Giving it until day 7, we'll see how it goes!
Thank
Thank You! I am so excited to see the babies. Candled them all 2 days ago and they are progressing nicely. I placed them in the 13th.. if I remember correctly. I don’t have my chart in front of me. Hoping for a good outcome in about 10 days. :)

Attachments

• CB53146D-682C-40C0-928C-5C7B7D6EB915.jpeg
    CB53146D-682C-40C0-928C-5C7B7D6EB915.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 25
I just placed my first eggs a little over a week ago. 15 eggs total, one was infertile so down to 14. I have a mix of Speckled Sussex, Mosaics, Lavender Orpington, Brahma, EE and Buff Orpington. I’m super excited!

Back
Top Bottom