First time hatching and Murphy's Law seems to be in full effect

Day 19.... 8 Silkie eggs in lockdown since yesterday. Finally got humidity under control at a steady 75% and temp is a consistent 100*. No pips yet, but I think I'm seeing some of the eggs quiver. This will be my first (successful) hatch ever and these last few days are just dragging! When am I finally going to meet my little fuzzy butts?!

Day 19.... 8 Silkie eggs in lockdown since yesterday. Finally got humidity under control at a steady 75% and temp is a consistent 100*. No pips yet, but I think I'm seeing some of the eggs quiver. This will be my first (successful) hatch ever and these last few days are just dragging! When am I finally going to meet my little fuzzy butts?!
I think lockdown to hatch is the worst part of incubating...especially if you lack patience like moi! lol

I think lockdown to hatch is the worst part of incubating...especially if you lack patience like moi!  lol

It has been so hard not opening the incubator, but I've been good! I think my over-candling may have contributed to the already over stressed eggs in my first failed batch, so this time I used the egg turner and kept my hands off! I still have my face smooshed up against the viewing window every hour though. Isn't there "chick music" you can play for them? I don't think they like my singing... :/

It has been so hard not opening the incubator, but I've been good! I think my over-candling may have contributed to the already over stressed eggs in my first failed batch, so this time I used the egg turner and kept my hands off! I still have my face smooshed up against the viewing window every hour though. Isn't there "chick music" you can play for them? I don't think they like my singing...
hmm.png
Yup I use:
0.jpg

I also candle nightly
wink.png
but I never do (as of yet) shipped eggs.

Im having surgery on Thursday... Day 21...
1f423.png
My first hatch and I'm going to miss it! I'm uber bummed out right now.
1f629.png

I'm freaking out! I kept yelling at my husband to "come look" because they were moving, and every time he'd come, they would stop. Now I get to say "SEE! I TOLD you something was going on!" It can take a long time from pip to zip though, right? Like 24 hours isn't that abnormal? I can hear him peeping! It's so amazing!

I'm freaking out! I kept yelling at my husband to "come look" because they were moving, and every time he'd come, they would stop. Now I get to say "SEE! I TOLD you something was going on!" It can take a long time from pip to zip though, right? Like 24 hours isn't that abnormal? I can hear him peeping! It's so amazing!
It can take 24 hours. My average (for chicks that pip into the air cell and aren't malepositioed) is between 12-18 hours. Malepositioned chicks can take even longer. I play the chick "music" periodically after pip and once they start zipping I play it back to back till they kick out.lol

Back
Top Bottom