First time hatching and Murphy's Law seems to be in full effect

So sorry about your goats! The SECOND batch of Seramas all quit on me. So... I ended up with 15 MORE from a LOCAL source today... No more shipped eggs until I get better at incubating! And one of my Silkies has developed spraddle legs (I think). We made him a little chair and some cool shoes, but he is not happy about it and peeps All. Day. Long. We are giving him extra vitamins just incase it's a deficiency, but it doesn't seem to be working. Anyway, we were looking at small hutches today as well, but couldn't find anything. Which one did you get? You'll have to let me know if you like it. We need a small one to keep the little ones inside during bad weather, so it doesn't need to be uber predator proof, just something to keep them out of trouble.
I am sorry about your serama. Too bad there isn't someone close to you with eggs. The brand of rabbit hutch I got is Advantex. You can see it here: http://www.hayneedle.com/product/ad...bKZacdZTUQPk-qmq-n6YA9nhmLmjpWT43YaAowd8P8HAQ I was really happy to get it as it will work really well for a brooder and is super easy to clean.

Oh, I forgot to mention one of the White RZock hens in my main pen decided to set and I let her. While I was at it I decided to leave eggs in the nest with my BCM and my CCL. I may just end up with some purebred chicks! 

Funny thing about the Serama... Today I went to toss the quitters and I have a pip and a peep! Probably the LAST thing I expected today was a lone survivor in the "probably dead" row in my incubator. My first Serama at last! He's looking like he's an all yellow chick. Come on little guy!

I was looking at something like this one, bc I need something to look "cute" (less like a chicken coop) in my living room, but easy to clean would probably be better. And I really like the one you got. I bet I could paint it to match my decor... I saw a full sized coop that was black, kind of modern looking, but with rustic flickering lanterns attached. If I make it look more like a piece of "art" in my living room and less like a farm, maybe my friends won't look at me like I'm crazy. And if I could somehow incorporate a flatscreen on/in it, my husband won't even KNOW there's chickens in it! Ha!

I was looking at something like this one, bc I need something to look "cute" (less like a chicken coop) in my living room, but easy to clean would probably be better. And I really like the one you got. I bet I could paint it to match my decor... I saw a full sized coop that was black, kind of modern looking, but with rustic flickering lanterns attached. If I make it look more like a piece of "art" in my living room and less like a farm, maybe my friends won't look at me like I'm crazy. And if I could somehow incorporate a flatscreen on/in it, my husband won't even KNOW there's chickens in it! Ha!
lau.gif

The lady I got it from also gave me four 2X4 'legs' to attach to it so I am really happy. It has wire with a plastic tray under it so I will just pull the tray to clean! I think you could put the TV in front of it, but don't attach it because it will be hard to clean your cage and play with your chickens!!! Hahahahahaa

So, our little guy hatched alone overnight or sometime this morning, but he looks terrible. I think he has mushy chick syndrome.

Aww. How's he acting?

Well, it's been about 6 hours and he's actually coming along! I can't believe it. He's wobbling along, hollering I think because he's all by himself in there. I want to make sure everything is good and well before I put him in with my scary Silkies. Lol

Back
Top Bottom