First time hatching Button quail

Thank you, I better start getting some in now just incase so
manna pro brand gamebird/showbird feed comes in 5# bags and would probably last a while for buttons if you can get it.
I use country roads meatbird feed that is around 24% protein because it is readily available and i’ve had no issues.
I would recommend looking online for options like manna pro or purina or talking with someone at local feed store about available feed options.

2 weeks in incubator today , took it off automatic turner , lowered temp highered humidity, and lockdown, I just noticed this ? is this normal for button quail to pip on day 14 or is it just cracked by mistake? please 🙈🤩🐣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210112-173353_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210112-173353_Messenger.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 3
2 weeks in incubator today , took it off automatic turner , lowered temp highered humidity, and lockdown, I just noticed this ? is this normal for button quail to pip on day 14 or is it just cracked by mistake? please 🙈🤩🐣
That looks like a pip. I'm guessing that your temperature was a bit high during incubation. It might just be an early pipper. I wouldn't expect it do do anything for at least 24 hours. In my experience, the first one to pip is rarely the first one to hatch, and they tend to stay pipped for a long time.

Thank you , i,l sit back and just wait and watch 🙏 im praying they hatch safely, its been such a crap year its given us all a lift here 🤩 done one hatch of bantams last year and only one hatched but died within days , so it would be lovely for it to go well this time 🤞🤞🤞🤞🐣

Hi can yous post me any helpful links or tips , today is my first time putting Button quail eggs in my incubator, I only have 6 fertilised eggs, Hoping they hatch 😍
If you can find a copy of A Closer Look at "Button Quail" -- The Care and Breeding of Chinese Blue-Breasted Quail by Jodi McDonald, will give you a very excellent resource for everything button quail. Button quail are probably the most misunderstood bird in aviculture. She covers everything you could ever want to know about button quail and then some.

Thank you very much, I will definitely do that.
Theres still no movement here , But its only day 15 so still a chance, but im hoping they are not duds 😔 soo many emotions waiting while eggs are incubating lol 🤩😁😁🤞🤞🤞

Attachments

• 20210113_180155.jpg
    20210113_180155.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 2
Oh im hoping thats another pip mark ,
I feel like im going crazy .. thinking oh no none are going to hatch , to excited and hoping, emotions up and down, Jeez the suspense is torture lol 😁😁🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏🐣

Attachments

• 20210113_223832.jpg
    20210113_223832.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom