First time hatching! Ducks

The healthy first duckling is actually sitting on my shoulder now, but it keeps nipping at me.

No the last one hasn't hatched yet, but it is chirping and moving. It has a small hole and is cracked half way around the shell

The healthy first duckling is actually sitting on my shoulder now, but it keeps nipping at me.

No the last one hasn't hatched yet, but it is chirping and moving. It has a small hole and is cracked half way around the shell

Too cute! :) Can you post a pic?

That's good! Just make sure to keep the humidity up for the last one and keep an eye on the membrane that it doesn't dry out (turns brown). There was just someone on another thread that had one start to zip, then stopped and did nothing for hours. I thought it was maybe just resting, but it actually had became shrink wrapped and the membrane had dried onto the little guy so it was unable to move and finish unzipping. It had to be helped out the rest of the way.

Duckling three is hatched :)
It's drying off.
So 2 out of 3 isn't so bad
I'm proud.
It does have a larger navel than the first one that hatched, but it looks closed, no hole.

NeverMind about the hole, there is a hole, I'll put the antibiotic on it after the duckling dries :)

Here is a picture of the dry duckling

Back
Top Bottom