first time hatching indian runner ducks (and ducks in general)

Pics
Can't wait till hatch day. Do you know colors or parents. Maybe you already said?
I did already say this :D, but yeah they are an unofficial coloration, very similar to kaki Campbell's. Breeder told me the parents came from England, around where the Kaki Campbell was developed :), I have a pic of the parents, sorry for the low quality but that's the best quality I could get ahah
10470079444_d73d5488ed_n.jpg

Love their colors. I need to get @DuckyDonna here she just hatched out 11 Runner ducklings. We love Runners. I had 4 hatch a couple weeks ago all black and also added 2 Fawn an White to our adult flock of 5
Nice! Hoping to get at least 5 from this batch. How are the drakes in terms of getting along with each other? Wanted to keep everyone, whether they are males or females :)

Well out of the first hatch of Runner in 2916 I had four drake 9 females and Rehomed 3 since I wasn’t sure how my Muscovy drake would take to other drakes. Come to find out he could care less about my Runners drakes or females. If another Muscovy drake it would be all out war. So to answer your question I don’t know yet. I am hoping to keep these 6 but I’ll just have to see how it plays out as they mature. I do know in my flock of 7 it’s all for one an one for all. And that is with two Buffs that hatched with them. To early to tell with this flock of 6 how many drakes hoping only 1.

Btw, I'm busy building the duck/goose house they will spend their nights into together with my 5 toulose goslings. My garden is starting to look like a zoo heheh

Here's a pic. In order of distance we got:

The chicken coop
The quails' kingdom
The (unfinished) duck/goose house

View attachment 1796537
:love

Back
Top Bottom