first time hatching indian runner ducks (and ducks in general)

Pics
:wootCongrats!!
Thanks :) now the malpositioned egg is rocking violently, checked it out and enlarged his hole a little bit so he gets plenty of air now. I also misted that egg slightly so if he does take longer to hatch that should keep the membrane nice and wet :), oh and also a 4th pip (4th egg) appeared :)

Thanks :) now the malpositioned egg is rocking violently, checked it out and enlarged his hole a little bit so he gets plenty of air now. I also misted that egg slightly so if he does take longer to hatch that should keep the membrane nice and wet :), oh and also a 4th pip (4th egg) appeared :)
You make me nervous with that misting.

I’ve heard of misting goose eggs during the time they are in the bator but most all I have read for duckling is using coconut oil or something similar to keep the membrane from drying out?
I'm too scared to put water in any egg.
I would use coconut oil in a heartbeat.

I don't think I would start to worry about putting anything though until many hours later.
I think if you have enough humidity in your bator to begin with the membrane won't dry out so quickly.

I'm too scared to put water in any egg.
I would use coconut oil in a heartbeat.

I don't think I would start to worry about putting anything though until many hours later.
I think if you have enough humidity in your bator to begin with the membrane won't dry out so quickly.
i just misted that egg because i took it out of the bator for a few minutes and was scared it would dry up too much ahah, i usually don't mist eggs in lockdown :)

I’ve heard of misting goose eggs during the time they are in the bator but most all I have read for duckling is using coconut oil or something similar to keep the membrane from drying out?
most people also mist duck eggs once a day from day 10 to 24-25, but this was not related to that practice, it was just me helping that one egg not to dry while i took it out of the bator to check on it :D

Back
Top Bottom