1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First time hatching, Lockdown!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RedReiner, Jan 29, 2011.

1. RedReiner

RedReiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Monroe, Wa
    my first hatch, my DH got me a 1588 for xmas so a friend gave me some silkie and showgirl eggs to practice hatch! out of 18 I have 14 going into lockdown today. I candled all and I could see them all wiggling! [​IMG] that they all hatch! Kind of fun! cant wait to see some extra fuzzies in there. gotta take pics!

2. blaundee

blaundee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    I've got 8 Ameraucana eggs from DAK on lockdown right now, due tomorrow- I SO hope they hatch! I hope yours do too! [​IMG]

3. KristaChickenWhisperer

KristaChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    I have three eggs that go into lock down tomorrow!! [​IMG]

I started with 11. 4 in my bator and 7 under a broody. Broody gave up at day ten or so, and one in my incubator didn't develop. I hope they hatch! [​IMG]

4. RedReiner

RedReiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Monroe, Wa
    I was pretty happy that 14 out of 18 made it, its cold and dark here but her silkies just keep on laying lol. please post a pic when yours hatch! I will too. I also have 5 eggs under a broody. those are not due for a while.

5. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    I will for sure post pics!
    Last time I candled all three babies were squirming! I even took my stethoscope to one of them and heard faint little noises!!

I have had bad luck with this bator in the past but for the first time it has stayed consistent AND I am using locally purchased eggs rather than eggs shipped from a hatchery, so the air cells are perfectly intact! [​IMG]

Good luck! Cant wait to see some baby pics!! [​IMG]

6. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    I just finished a hatch with my 1588 and 42 0f the 47 that went into lockdown hatched. I think you will be pleasently suprised with your hatch.

7. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Just candled for the last time and saw all three moving inside!! They are all set for lock down and I am starting to get anxious already!!!

[​IMG]

This is the best incubation I have had so far! This is the first time my incubator has been consistent (thanks to some improvements) and this is the first time I have had movement right before hatching time! I have high hopes for this hatch!!

8. tnfarmeggs

tnfarmeggs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    [​IMG] to you all! Mine don't go on lockdown till the 12th

9. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Any updates?

Nothing on my end!

10. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    OK its gonna be a while before I hit lockdown, so get the cameras rolling and get me some pics of chicks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by