First time having my own chickens

Rickie

Hatching
Jan 30, 2016
This is my first time having my own chickens I got them from someone off the party line witch is a Radio station where I live the guy I got them from said they were road island reds but I believe there mixed with something else because I built my own incubator a have hatched out 11 baby chicks out of 23 and I have some that came out solid black with legs the size of a pencil at two weeks old some yellow with off brown and one that looks like a quail

welcome-byc.gif
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Rickie welcome to BYC!
There is a What Breed Or Gender is This? forum on the site you might try your question there.
Good luck!

Hi Rickie and welcome to our forum. Theres lots of info in the learning centre - but I'm guessing since you have already build your tractor, you know that already
smile.png
You may find your state thread useful in putting you in contact with other BYC members nearby also. Congrats on the incubator build and your new chicks - i wish i could do DIY, but alas, I'm all fingers and thumbs!

All the best
CT

Hay it's me Rickie.Need help I bought me a fully automated incubator yesterday.Can someone tell me how the eggs go in it I believe pointed end down witch puts the air pocket at top just wanted to do it wright my old incubator they layed on there side thanks for any help

Hay it's me Rickie.Need help I bought me a fully automated incubator yesterday.Can someone tell me how the eggs go in it I believe pointed end down witch puts the air pocket at top just wanted to do it wright my old incubator they layed on there side thanks for any help

Yes, you are correct. The pointed end should go down, the big end up.

Back
Top Bottom